Tuesday, July 19, 2005

The Jai-Alai Savant

The Jai-Alai Savant - Scarlett Johansen, Why Don't You Love Me?
I first heard of the Jai-Alai Savant in a passing mention in the magazine Fader. I saw the word Hollertronix and the word band, and I had to hear it. (For those that don't know, Hollertronix is a DJ/Mixtape duo that is one part Diplo and one part Low Budget). I'm a little unclear how Jai-Alai Savant is affiliated with Hollertronix, but that no longer matters.

To my ears, Jai-Alai Savant sound like a dubbier version of TV on the Radio, or what would have happened if the Clash kept on moving into dub and soul territory instead of breaking up. My roomate Shaun says they sound just like the Police, but I've never really listened to the Police, so I'll have to take his word on that one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home